"The main difference is going to be the most obvious and most important one - that the Flexistretcher is designed with both elastic and inelastic components. I find that this combination design in conjunction with the adjustability and the neoprene comfort sheath make this a far more sophisticated tool than your traditional resistance bands. ~ Leigh Schanfein, Research Associate at the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
1. METHODOLOGY // Designed by a professional dancer recovering from injury the Flexistretcher and it's training methods are researched and tailored to compliment the ever evolving demands of ballet technique while benefiting anyone looking to increase their flexibility and strength.
"through the training I discovered this thoughtful comprehensive training program and I was really surprised and impressed" ~ Leigh Schanfein, Research Associate at the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
"With my extensive background in classical ballet technique and fitness, I created the Flexistretcher training method to focus on alignment, flexibility and strength. With 100's of exercises this method sets the Flexistretcher apart." ~ Rachel Hamrick, Founder and Creator of the Flexistretcher
2. DURABILITY // Unlike a flimsy Thera-band, the Flexistretcher won’t snap or break.
3. DESIGN // Built to withstand the daily use of professional dancers, the Flexistretcher’s sturdy construction and custom designed parts are guaranteed to last.
"The Flexistretcher is designed to withstand body weight and extreme force in order to perform 100's of strength and flexibilty exercises. I would not suggest performing any of these exericses with the theraband as the band will snap and break risking possibility of injury." ~ Rachel Hamrick, Founder and creator of the Flexistretcher
4. ADJUSTABILITY // Adjustable straps conform to any flexibility level and are used for hand or foot placement in an array of exercises.
5. COMFORT // The Flexistretcher's neoprene center is designed for added comfort and user easability.
6. SAFETY // The Thera-band cannot withstand the stretches and exercises performed with the Flexistretcher.
7. EFFECTIVITY // Working with the Flexistretcher allows one to simulate dance-specific movement patterns concentrating on improvements in execution and mobility.
"Because the band has elasticity, it makes you have to work in the stretch in all directions. It helps stabilize but won’t hold it for you." ~ Leigh Schanfein, Research Associate at the Harkness Center for Dance Injuries